ISQR2016 and CIAIQ2016 Organizing Committee invites the community to submit proposals to the 1st Internacional Symposium on Qualitative Research and the 5rd Iberoamerican Congress on Qualitative Research to be held in Porto, Portugal, July 12-14, 2016.
Authors may submit proposals for presentation of papers which address the objectives and themes of the Congress, including original scientific articles addressing the state of the art research and new perspectives, solutions and/or applications to real problems, empirical studies and/or evaluation, among others.
At least one author of each proposed work to be presented in CIAIQ2015 and/or ISQR2016 must register as a participant.
Types of works to be submitted
Full Paper: finished R & D work performed in the themes of the congress. These papers have a maximum of 10 pages of length. The authors of these papers (full papers) accepted will have 15 minutes for its presential, plus 5 minutes for discussion at the conference.
Short Paper: early work, but with relevant ideas to be discussed . These papers have a maximum of 4 pages of length. The authors of these papers (short papers) accepted will have 10 minutes for its presential, plus 5 minutes for discussion at the conference.
Video Session (Online Presentation): accepted Videos will be presented in parallel video sessions (youtube channel) within the ISQR2016 program. Accepted Video contributions (accompanied by papers) will be included in the online Proceedings of ISQR2016, but the online presentation in the video have the following. Steps:
1) Regular paper Submission (March 6, 2016): submit the full paper or short paper by selecting the option EasyChair “Video Session”;
2) Video Submission (May 30, 2016): videos of 1.5 to 3 minutes (max. 50MB) illustrating new and exciting results are sought for this ISQR2016 edition. Please do not use special codecs (coders/decoders) in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible. The use of MPEG-1 or MPEG-4 video formats is strongly recommended.
A Video submitted for video session is expected to be a stand-alone contribution, which must be self-explanatory thanks to a comprehensive English narration. A Video contribution should have all the typical aspects of a written scientific contribution available to the viewers, by exploiting a video format instead besides the traditional paper format.
Guidelines for Video preparation:
- Include an English narration;
- Focus on your own research;
- Introduce the background of the presented research and explain research objectives;
- Describe the methodology, resources and main outcomes.
Guidelines for paper submission
All presentation proposals must be submitted online on the conference website under the Template (Template_ISQR2016 (.DOCX) or Template_ISQR2016 (.ZIP)) and be submitted in an editable file (.doc; .docx).
The submission will be analyzed and evaluated by the Scientific Committee. If they are accepted for presentation and publication, authors should submit its final version for publication (incorporating the recommendations considered by the Congress Scientific Committee).
The papers text should be original and must not be under review for any other conference or national or international publication. Manuscripts should be written in English.
All papers completed and submitted within the deadlines and according to the style guide will be subjected to the review process. Each of the submitted papers will be reviewed by at least 2 members of the Scientific Committee.
In the initial paper submitted for review by the Scientific Committee, information allowing the identification of the authors should not be included (to enable a double – blind review process). Thus, names, affiliations and references to the authors should not appear in the original version. This information should only be included in the final version of the paper.
After completion of the review process, the contact author will be informed about the acceptance or rejection of the submitted work. In both cases, the reviewers’ comments will be available to the authors. In the case of acceptance, authors must meet the recommendations for improvement, establish and submit the final version of the work up to the camera-ready paper submission deadline.
In the case of failure to consider the recommendations made by the reviewers, the Organizing Committee reserves the right not to integrate these works in the Congress proceedings.
The final version of the work should also follow the appropriate style guide and should contain the authors’ data (names, institutions and emails).
ISQR2016 Application Fields
- Qualitative Research in Education (emphasis on the processes of research in various areas of Higher Education, Basic Education, Assessment, Curriculum, Teaching, Teaching Science, Languages, History, Technology, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Health (emphasis on the processes of research in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, Geriatrics, Gerontology, Psychology, etc.).
- Qualitative Research in Social Science (emphasis on the processes of research in the fields of Communication, Linguistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Economics, etc.)
- Qualitative Research in Engineering (emphasis on the research processes in the areas of Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Engineering Education)
- Rationale and Paradigms of Qualitative Research (theoretical studies, critical reflection about epistemological dimensions, ontological and axiological)
- Systematization of approaches with Qualitative Studies (literature review, integrating results, aggregation studies, meta -analysis, meta- analysis of qualitative meta- synthesis, meta- ethnography)
- Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research (emphasis in research processes that build on mixed methodologies but with priority to qualitative approaches)
- Data Analysis Types (content analysis , discourse analysis , thematic analysis , narrative analysis , etc.)
- Innovative processes of Qualitative Data Analysis (design analysis, articulation and triangulation of different sources of data – images, audio, video)
- Qualitative Research in Web Context ( eResearch, virtual ethnography, interaction analysis , latent corpus on the internet, etc.)
- Qualitative Analysis with Support of Specific Software (usability studies, user experience, the impact of software on the quality of research and analysis)
Papers accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the Congress Proceedings (in digital format with ISBN), provided that at least one author registered in the congress , the article complies with the defined format, and it does not exceed the maximum number of pages defined.